AudiobookReviewer

AudiobookReviewer

Hellhole

Hellhole - Gina Damico ABR's full Hellhole audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

Here is what I know of what to expect from Gina Damico. Young adult hilarity and fun, I mean the type that will make you laugh out loud and give you stitches. I hope that this new novel will follow this trend she has created for herself.

Hellhole is a ridiculous tale of a young man, Max Kilgore, high school student, family breadwinner and primary caregiver to his sick mother. Somehow gets paired up with the Devil, or rather on of 666 of them. Now he must keep the beast satisfied in order to keep him from ruining his life and the lives of the ones he loves with the promise to heal is mother.

One the best parts and something I have never come across, especially in a young adult story, was Max’s best friend sense childhood is his female neighbor. Seriously, a strictly platonic relationship! As with pretty much all stories in this genre, there is the love story that evolves from an unlikely source, even though she is really the only other female character.

All in all, if you are looking for a fast and entertaining young adult listen, you have found what you crave.

I am not sure, and would love to know, how in the world Macleod Andrews gets the job to narrate a ton of fun and enjoyable audiobooks. Along with that I seem to continue to end up listening to them all. Seriously, if you are looking for an audiobook that will guarantee a stellar audio performance, look no further than Andrews. There are few others that I can think of that will be able to elevate a so-so story to outstanding.

Audiobook provided for review by the publisher.