AudiobookReviewer

AudiobookReviewer

MILK-BLOOD

MILK-BLOOD - Mark  Matthews, Elderlemon Design, Richard   Thomas This review and many others was originally posted on Audio Book Reviewer

If there is one thing that I have come to expect from Mark Matthews, it is extreme horror. But not from the likes of paranormal monsters or zombies or anything like that. It comes from the realistic drug addict monsters that actually exist. I expect nothing less than that here.

Not having any idea what milk-blood was, I was horrified as Matthews layed out the definition. Full of intense, fully conceptualized characters. A story line that gives me goosebumps every time I think about the story. There are some many different things that subtly happen that I am not going into a summary. Just know this, reality horror at its finest.

There were times that I had to stop listening and wasn't sure if I could finish. Not because of a bad story but by disgust. I didn't know if I could stomach it. Matthews takes it to level that I haven't encountered anywhere else.

If you are looking for a short listen that will make you sweat with anticipation, nauseous with disgust, uncomfortable with uneasiness and horrified with real life monsters. Look no further. If you can stomach listening to the entire book, like I did, you will wonder what is wrong with you for doing so.

Jay Wohlert did a great job bringing the madness of the secret lives of addicts to light. He was able to successfully create believable voices for the characters. Even thought there were a few times when he sounded a bit stiff and uncomfortable himself. I can only imagine what is was like to create this performance.

Audiobook provided for review by the author.