AudiobookReviewer

AudiobookReviewer

At the Behest of the Dead

At the Behest of the Dead - Timothy W. Long ABR's full At the Behest of the Dead audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

First thoughts about the cover of At the Behest of the Dead? Ohh… Spooky. I dig the eerie feel of the building in the background. The skeleton lurching towards the man with the ball of fire is very creeptastic. Shivery and spooky.

The main character in this story is Phineas Cavanaugh. He’s a really old (He looks about thirty though.) Warlock Necromancer. He seems to get himself into danger rather easily. Almost as if the danger clings to him. He underestimates his own talents, and thereby having others around him underestimate them as well. He’s kick-ass in a magic fight. Fair warning – His wit and sarcasm will randomly have you giggling like a loon.

My favorite character in this story, besides Phineas, is a male demon in a female Pomeranian host named Peaches. Peaches is a very good bad little demon dog that you cannot help but want to pet. Peaches’ voice always makes me smile. Think guttural, scathingly deep, nails on chalkboard and you’ll have Peaches’ voice.

The Narrator is Todd Menesses. I loved the voices used in this book. Phineas has an English accent, even in his own thoughts. There are lots of different characters in this story and Todd Menesses very convincingly brings each of them to life with their very own voices. That is an awesome talent to have. The Author is Timothy W. Long. This book is 10 hours and 10 minutes long.

I greatly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to mid-teen and up. I say mid-teen and up because there is a bit of blood, terror, and different things that go bump in the night, and vivid details of things about the occult to keep the story juicy. It keeps you guessing at the next bit of trouble Phineas will find himself into.

This book left me with the impression that anything is possible given enough belief and a bit of bravado to back it up. Do not let others tell you that you are wrong and should give up. Remember that knowledge, sarcasm, and faith are their own versions of magic and can be used for both the greater goods or the worst evils a person can imagine.

Audiobook provided for review by the narrator.