AudiobookReviewer

AudiobookReviewer

DEAD Special Edition Perspectives vol. 1

DEAD Special Edition Perspectives vol. 1 - TW Brown, Andrew McFerrin ABR's full DEAD: Perspectives audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

First thoughts about the cover of Dead: Perspectives (Vol. 1)? Zombies!! There is a heart with initials on the tree with a bloody mark beside it. Is that a clue to a star-crossed lovers turned zombies? That woman is missing her pants, but her guts are kind of acting as a cover. Yup, for sure going to be a bloody good story!

The main point of view is from Steve Hobart. He thinks of himself as average and low key. He’s actually very brave, kind, and caring. He’s never been a parent, but during a zombie apocalypse he willingly takes on the role of parent for a little girl. He does have his faults and doubts, but he is for sure someone I would want on my team in this type of outbreak.

I get a kick out of the Narrator Andrew McFerrin’s voices and accents. Especially Mr. Randell Smith’s snooty tone, Thalia’s little voice, and Sgt. Paul Whimmer southern draw. The author of this book is TW Brown. This book is thirteen hours and thirty-seven minutes long. Warning- This book has lots of action, blood, guts, and several zombie parts. If you like your zombie books juicy, this would make a nice addiction to your zombie list.

This is a very interesting take on the zombie genre. There are several different ways this book varies from the usual zombie take. I rather enjoyed that the zombie bite isn’t always going to mean becoming a zombie… at least not yet. There seems to be some people that have natural immunities that let them live even after being bitten. Once that person dies from whatever caused him/her to die THEN he/she becomes a walking corpse.

This story left me wondering about how I would react in a catalytic event. Would I be brave and try to save those I care for? Or would I be fearful and try to hide? Would I be one of the many people to die in the first few days, weeks, or months after whatever event caused such a crisis? I do not know, and that makes this story all the more terrifying.

Audiobook provided for review by the author.