AudiobookReviewer

AudiobookReviewer

Safari

Safari - Keith C. Blackmore ABR's full Safari audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

SPOILER ALERT. If you have not read “Mountain Man book 1″ better read it before this one. Otherwise you will not know how everything went down.

Gus was badly hurt, between Roxann and the bikers he has sustained broken teeth, cracked ribs and other injuries. To ease his pain he found his best friend, Captain Morgan, and had a drink, or two, or three.

At the start of a cold winter Gus is hurt and alone, again. This is how book 2 starts as we continue to follow Gus’s will to survive. Through the coming months he slowly heals. During this time he drops down the well of despair and loneliness. He has long conversations with a bottle of Captain Morgan rum. Still needing supplies he makes trips to town in the truck the bikers left at his gate.

Except for Scott, every “normal” human he meets has tried to kill him. Now he doesn’t think twice about killing in self-defense. As his sanity spirals down he makes plans to get rid of all the zombies in Annapolis.

To his horror it is not only the zombies that are a threat, a new, even more deadly terror has risen.

I listened to this book straight through. Well, almost, straight through. The pace was fairly fast and the action was vicious. More problems and plot twists. The characters in this part of the story were what we could expect when the basic rules of humanity are gone. I found this part very believable and well developed.

Mr. Bray did a splendid job of bringing this book to life. I didn’t have a problem with his voices and liked the tone of his telling. Everything was clear and easy to understand. The book cover gives you the jist of this book. Audio production was without fault. Very well done. Book 3 here I come.

Audiobook purchased for review by ABR.