AudiobookReviewer

AudiobookReviewer

Doorways

Doorways - Tim O'Rourke ABR's full Doorways: A Book of Vampires, Werewolves, & Black Magic audiobook review can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

This is one of the most unique stories I have listened to for a while, and it get marks for that. Imagine a parallel dimension where all of the typical horror story "badguys" are the regular folk, and that you might have a double there too.

The only way to get to this other world is through magical doorways that no one ever know where there will appear in either world. Allowing for travel back and forth. Hence where the real world vampires, werewolves and the like came from.

This was a story of Jack Black a young man who walks through a doorway and goes to the other world. Meeting up with friendly vampires and werewolves. That finds himself on a mission to save the double of someone he loves. All the while fighting off the evil zombies and other creatures of the night.

For me there were too many characters to keep track of. Making it difficult for me to keep attention. While it was full of adventure, it wasn't quite for me.

There is adventure, blood and gore, fantastical characters, that will bring you back to your younger years. When you had unimaginable friendships with non-human beings. So, if you are looking for something new and different in the fantasy world, Doorways: A Book of Vampires, Werewolves, & Black Magic is sure to be right up your alley.

Fred Wolinsky did what he could with this one. He really tried to create unique sounding characters, I do appreciate that, but there were just too many.

He was able to inject real emotion into his performance, truly making the sinister characters sound as evil as he could. There were some points were I had to rewind because I couldn't catch what he was saying. While simultaneously keeping Jack Black sounding young and innocent.

Based on the performance I will be looking for more from Wolinsky. I think he might do better with fewer characters. And a more straight forward storyline.

Audiobook provided for review by narrator.