AudiobookReviewer

AudiobookReviewer

The Wizard of OZ: A Steampunk Adventure

The Wizard of OZ: A Steampunk Adventure - S.D. Stuart My full The Wizard of OZ: A Steampunk Adventure audiobook review can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

Now to the cover. I do like how I can see many of the familiar characters that I would expect in an imaginative retelling. Including what I would from a steampunk tale. I also see a gun, making me think that this will be much more adult and action packed. I really hope that this will be similar enough for my mind to comprehend Wizard of Oz storyline while being a great stand alone tale.

The first scene, even though I didn't understand why it was important, setup everything quite well. 10 year old Dorothy is a witness to her fathers kidnapping, and her mothers murder. 7 years later she get proof that her father is still alive and is in Oz and so the real adventure begins.

I really enjoyed the fact that Oz isn't some magical far of place that only a couple of people know about. Instead it is a prison, yea a giant jail, Australis Penal Colony, referred to the world over as the Outcast Zone (or Oz). I didn't even put together that this was Australia until about half way through.

Full of great action and intrigue. Even though Dorothy was really hard to like and understand, naive, and dense. I enjoyed the other characters and look forward to learning more about them in the future novels. I really enjoyed all of the similarities to the story of yesteryear. But S.D. Stuart did very well at reinventing almost every aspect of what I thought I knew.

Audiobook submitted for review by the author.