AudiobookReviewer

AudiobookReviewer

Die Trying: A Zombie Apocalypse

Die Trying: A Zombie Apocalypse - Nicholas Ryan My full Die Trying: A Zombie Apocalypse review can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

I have never been as tense while listening to a zombie apocalypse audiobook as I was while listening to Die Trying: A Zombie Apocalypse. The first part of this story that hooked me immediately taking place during a violent thunder storm in the pitch black of night, where our military guys were trying to track down a mysterious sound in the air, I really thought that was all the story was going to be for awhile and I would have been totally alright with that. Under constant fear the zombies would hear or find them and ruin their day. Nicholas Ryan bring forth a new type of zombie to my ears, the kind that will eat each other, one was wounded and suddenly the horde stops advancing, moaning turning to growling, and then they converged upon the wounded and tore it to shreds in an all out ravenous feeding frenzy. If that wasn't enough for you Ryan was able to create characters that really spoke to me with their complex histories and a certain mystery surrounding a few of them. My only criticism is that this audiobook was way too short, so many other avenues could have been explored. I highly recommend Die Trying: A Zombie Apocalypse, but only if you are looking for a quick listen that is really fast paced, full of action, tons of suspense and different than your usual zombies. As I said earlier I have already purchased Ground Zero: A Zombie Apocalypse an earlier release because Ryan was able to rouse something in me that few other authors have.

Audiobook provided for review by the publisher.