AudiobookReviewer

AudiobookReviewer

Devoured

Devoured - Jason Brant My full Devoured: The Hunger, Book 1 audiobook review can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

Devoured: The Hunger, Book 1 starts of kind of slow. Before the end of society, we meet Lance who is very down and out. A man that has been jobless for an extended period, who is in the midst of a divorce from a cheating wife. Everything soon changes when he takes a chance to save a woman from being hit by a car and knocking himself unconscious. Waking up to find that the hospital he is in has been quarantined by the CDC. The first of many adventures is his escape from the hospital so he can hide in his home. Soon the news channels stop broadcasting and then starts the real horror. Everyone that has been infected have risen into zombie like creatures that shy away from the sun and ravage at night. My thought was “Zombie vampires?”, but it gets worse. This is my favorite part of Jason Brant’s brainchild, the creatures and how the infected go from flu like symptoms, to fearsome zombie like creatures, to something that lives only in nightmares. Brant was able to create a very unique and refreshing take on a very heavily populated genre. Full of interesting characters, humor, survival, the systematic collapse of society. I will be back for more, I can’t wait to find out what Brant has in store for us.

Audiobook provided for review by the author.