AudiobookReviewer

AudiobookReviewer

The Eli Event

The Eli Event - Dave Gash My full The Eli Event audiobook review can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

I was pleasantly surprised when Dave Gash only spent a minimal time explaining how time travel was possible. At first it was a little hard to keep up with the changing of scenes and characters but it didn’t take long to keep up. There is brief explanation of a traumatic event to the main character Robbie, I wish they would have explained it further or done away with it all together. I am always interested in a good revolt it is good to see the underdog fight tyranny and win. Especially one that involves computers and altering past events to change the present, or future. After we meet the main characters there’s a drawn out chase across the country some time jumping and computer tricks. I liked the connection between the awkward Robbie and the A.I. EL1, or ELI. It was fun to see the things he could do through internet connections to help his friend. When the Character Artie is brought in it set the story up for the one plot twist I enjoyed the most. All in all an ok plot for a book involving time traveling scientists and artificial intelligence, except the end is a bit of a disappointment. I would have liked to have seen how the changing events set the future more. It lets us go with a vague and brief description, but not much else.

Audiobook provided for review by the narrator.