AudiobookReviewer

AudiobookReviewer

The Book of Riley: A Zombie Tale

The Book of Riley: A Zombie Tale - Mark Tufo, Sean Runnette Please find this complete review and many others at http://audiobookreviewer.com

I have actually wondered about how the animal companions of the people trying to survive the zombie apocalypse survive or what the zombies think of such creatures. Tufo delivers a unique take on what some might say and overcrowded genre. This story is told from the point of view of a American Bulldog with a companion Yorkshire Terrier, reminds me of the old Bug Bunny cartoons with the big bull dog walking down the street with the much smaller dog running circles around him desperately wanting approval. They have also befriended an unlikely creature, a cat. The dialog between the three animals was enough to make me choke on my breakfast it was so hilarious. I really appreciated Tufo’s translation of the items in the world from a dog’s point of view, stinging metal bees, wet meat, viewing holes, two leggers, ect. In his typical fashion Tufo has the Talbot family get mentioned, I can’t think of a non Talbot story were they are not mentioned. If you are looking for something a bit different, but with all the gore you expect from a zombie story and twisted humor, you must listen to The Book of Riley: A Zombie Tale.