AudiobookReviewer

AudiobookReviewer

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins The Hunger Games is the first in the trilogy of audiobooks by author Suzanne Collins. The strangeness of the storyline and the superb narration had me literally on the edge of my seat more than once. I had absolutely no idea what this book had in store for me. Now I could possibly be the last person to enter the games. So please bare with me.

I am not even really sure how I ended up choosing this book to listen to. I know that it was a particularly stressful week at work and I needed something to take my mind off of it. I loaded up my iPod and off I went into the land of Panem, immediately engulfed by the surrealism of this land that was once North America.

In this post-apocalyptic version of North America, the country is divided into twelve districts. The main characters include Katniss, Prim, Gale, Haymitch and Peeta, and follow them as they prepare for an event called the reaping. They all live in district 12, I found it surprising that they were not allowed to leave the confines of the city, even to hunt and gather food to avoid starvation and to trade for other items of necessity.

I do not want to give too much away but this is all told from Katniss’ perspective as she and Peta prepare for the reaping. Every person ages 12-18 must attend the annual reaping and will have their name entered to be drawn as one of the two tributes from their district, each district only getting one boy and one girl to attend the games.

If you have not listened to The Hunger Games yet, please do yourself a favor and do it. Do it before the movie comes out this spring, books are always better than the movie.

Narrator Review

Carolyn McCormick is exactly what I want in an audiobook narrator. Completely captivating you by becoming and switching from character to character with ease. I am not sure if they could have found a better person to narrate this awesome book!

Check out my other reviews at http://audiobibliophile.co